Become a Board Member
Consider servicing your community and supporting the healthy development of families with young children aged 0-6 years of age.
Connections Early Years Family Centre Board of Directors (the “Board”) is looking for community volunteers with governance knowledge and diverse talents to join the Board. The Board is comprised of volunteers who meet on a monthly basis and participate in various standing committees.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of board governance – policy, finance, educational programs, fundraising, public relations, personnel, and advocacy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong research, analytical, and critical-thinking skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, skills to work positively and effectively with others, open-minded and a passion supporting the healthy development of families with children 0-6 years of age
Board responsibilities include:
- Determining program and administrative policies
- Ensuring program and policies are implemented in a professional and accountable manner
- Ensuring systematic linkages with the community
- Representing and protecting the interest of the people whom the Center serves.
To become a Board Member candidates must successfully complete the nomination process which includes an interview, criminal reference check and orientation.
If you are interesting in becoming part of our Board please send your expression of interest via mail or deliver in person to 795 Giles Blvd. E., Windsor, ON or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about becoming a Board Member please contact us 519.252.9696.
We would like to thank you in advance for your interest in volunteering at Connections Early Years Family Centre.
Our Mission: Connections Early Years Family Centre is a progressive family-centered organization providing integrated support, learning and early identification and intervention services to advance the healthy development of families and their children 0-6 years of age in Windsor and Essex County.